Jorhat Bar Association was established in 1901. It is situated opposite to the Court campus. According to the rules and regulations of the Association Secretary is the principal executive officer of the Association. Since the British reign the members of Jorhat Bar Association have been making substantial contribution to the Society. Recently, a few members of the association have completed 50 years of advocacy practice who have been felicitated by the Assocoation. The Association has its own library containing large number of books and its own building.